Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ken Reid's Forgotten Masterpiece?


Here's and interesting comic strip by the late Ken Reid, Gramp and Scamp - They're On The Tramp! It is a story about a young lad named Scamp who goes to join his Grandpa, a tramp who lives a simple life on the road. 

I'd never heard of this strip before, and searching through various comics and on the Internet revealed nothing, so unfortunately I can't give you any more information.

Despite the fact this is the only one I've ever read, it is, for some reason unknown even to me, one of my favourite Ken Reid strips! 



Click on the images, and then
again for maximum size!

And if you're wondering where it appeared, you'll find it towards to back of the 1980 Buster Holiday special!



2 comments:

entssouthwales said...

Gramp almost has shades of Wilfred Brambell about him - great cartoon!

George Shiers said...

Comparing photos of Wilfred to Gramp - I can see how you made that reference!