Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hyde And Shriek Begins (Again)


Hyde and Shriek was a fantastic horror humour strip illustrated by Tom Paterson and appeared in The Dandy. It began in the early 1990's but was reprinted nine years ago in 2004. I don't own the issue with the first original episode in it, but I do own the first of the reprints, which can be seen above!

It's not only Tom's fantastic artwork and hidden details I love about this strip, but also the angles he uses in some of his panels! Different angles add lots of effect to the strip, and here are the best two from this episode!





If you want to seek out a copy of this issue, it was #3246, dated 7th February 2004.



3 comments:

Peter Gray said...

looking at the strip it has lots of depth to it...things in the distance...very clever...

Unknown said...

Tom Patterson is a legend.
I'm surprised there isn't a book out of his strips. I always read his stuff first in any comic I saw it in.

George Shiers said...

Some of the last Dennis the Menace books are pretty much completely drawn by him - does that count? :)