Sunday, October 9, 2011

Then And Now - Commando 1974


I always liked reading the "Then and Now" sections of various old comics. Before I get into this one, I'd just like to tell you about a television programme I was watching the other day. It was called 'Man about the House' (from around the same time as this Commando comic) and Larry was sitting on an arm-chair with a remote control, which was attached to the T.V.with a long, white wire! A classic example of how times have changed! I thought I'd share one with you, so here's an example from a 1974 Commando book entitled 'The Hard Man'.

So, the 'Then' is a Fiat 3 1/2hp from 1899.
And the now is a Fiat 130 Coupe, from 1974.
If this was been done today, it would probably be this car, The Fiat 500 Abarth SS.
Of course, this post will one day look old, just like the one's in the comics. Hello future readers! :)

No comments: