Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Ultimate Beano Summer Special No.1



I found this comic very hard to get my hands on because I just couldn't seem to find it in any of the WHSmith shops! But I finally got it and I have to say it was definitely worth the wait. We start with an introduction from Morris Heggie, who is the Beano historian! The oldest story in the 68-page softback book is a Dennis the Menace story from the Beano Summer Special 1964.

The book is jam-packed full of classic stories from the 1960's right through to the 1990's, all of them brilliant and classic in their own way! I have never really bought or read any of the Beano Summer Specials before (except the 2004 one which a friend gave too me) so it was a nice little treat too see a lot of the comic strips come together into one book.

Personally I think this book is a good buy and you should try and get hold of a copy if you can - only £4.99 from (hopefully) your nearest WHSmith store! I hope DC Thomson decide to make another of these sort of book books, maybe at Christmas with a wintry theme to it (except them it wouldn't really be a summer special book, would it!?).

No comments: